The RiverStone companies, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of the individuals we encounter in conducting our business. “Personal Information” is information that identifies and relates to you or other individuals (such as your dependents). Our aim is responsible handling of Personal Information, balancing the benefits of activities like research and data analytics with our other commitments, including transparency and non-discrimination.
Last Updated: February 2022
We do not engage in the collection of Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services and do not allow third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our online services. We do not respond to web browser “do not track signals.”
Notice of Privacy Rights for California Residents
(effective January 1, 2020)
- Explanation of Rights. California residents have certain rights with regard to the collection and sale of their Personal Information. As a California resident, at the time of, or prior to, a business collecting your Personal Information, you are eligible to know what categories of Personal Information are collected about you and how those categories of Personal Information may be used. You have the right to request a business delete the Personal Information which it has collected about you (“Request to Delete”). California residents may also request that a business disclose the Personal Information it has about the individual, including: (a) the specific pieces of Personal Information that a business has about the individual; (b) the categories of Personal Information a business has collected about the individual; (c) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (d) the categories of Personal Information that the business has sold or disclosed for a business purpose about the individual; (e) the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and (f) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information (collectively and individually, a “Request to Know”). A business cannot unfairly discriminate against you for exercising your Personal Information privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Authorized Agents. You may also use an authorized agent (“Agent”) to submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete (collectively, a “Request”) on your behalf. If we are contacted by an Agent, we will require the Agent to provide a written document evidencing their authority to act on your behalf, and if insufficient in our sole reasonable judgment, we may also contact you directly to confirm your identity, the validity of the agency and Request.
- How to Make a Request.
If you would like to make a Request to Know, click here, or call 888-959-7317.
If you would like to make a Request to Delete, click here, or call 888-959-7317.
- Responding to Requests; Verification Procedures. Upon receiving a Request, RiverStone will take steps to confirm the identity of the requestor by comparing the information provided in the Request with information we already have in our records.
- Deletion; Specific Pieces. For a Request to Delete or a request to know specific pieces of information, RiverStone will verify the requestor’s identity by (i) confirming at least three (3) data points from the request with information in our records; and (ii) obtaining a statement of verification from the requestor that is signed under the pains and penalties of perjury.
- Other Requests. For all other requests, RiverStone will verify the requestor’s identity by confirming at least two (2) data points, unless in RiverStone’s sole reasonable judgement, the nature of the request or sensitivity of the information to be provided require more thorough verification. In such cases, RiverStone will follow the verification procedures set forth in subsection (i), above.
If additional information is required to verify your identity, you will be contacted by a RiverStone representative within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your Request.
In the event RiverStone is unable to satisfactorily verify the identity of the requestor, RiverStone may deny the Request in order to protect your information from fraudulent or unauthorized access. In such cases, RiverStone will notify the requestor of its reasons for denying the Request. In certain circumstances, due to a conflict with other legal obligations or an exception to the CCPA, RiverStone will not be required to comply with a Request and, in such cases, will notify the requestor of the conflict or exception. The majority, if not all, of the Personal Information that RiverStone collects is subject to a CCPA exemption, but RiverStone will evaluate any request as outlined above.
- Sale of Personal Information. Please be advised, RiverStone does not sell Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
If you have additional questions on your rights under the CCPA, please contact us by email at PrivacyComplianceLine@trg.com.
Who to Contact About Questions Concerning Your Privacy & Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us by email at PrivacyComplianceLine@trg.com or write to:
Vice President and General Counsel, Corporate Legal
RiverStone Resources LLC
250 Commercial Street, Suite 5000
Manchester, New Hampshire
United States of America
RiverStone may collect and disclose your Personal Information in the course of reviewing, investigating, and settling a potential claim.
- Collection. Depending on your relationship with us (for example, as a consumer policyholder; insured person benefiting under another policyholder’s policy, or claimant; witness; commercial broker or appointed representative; or other person relating to our business), Personal Information collected about you and your dependents may include, but is not limited to:
- General Identification and Contact Information
Your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date of birth; passwords on our systems; educational background; physical attributes; activity records, such as driving records; photos; employment history, skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; relationship to the policyholder, insured or claimant; and date and cause of death, injury or disability.
- Identification Numbers Issued by Government Bodies or Agencies
Social Security or national identification number; passport number; tax identification number; military identification number; or driver’s or other license number.
- Other Sensitive Information
In certain cases, we may receive sensitive information about you including, but not limited to, medical and treatment information, health insurance information, biometric information, and payee financial account information. In addition, we may obtain information about your criminal record or civil litigation history in the process of preventing, detecting and investigating fraud or otherwise. We may also obtain sensitive information if you voluntarily provide it to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding medical treatment based on your religious beliefs).
- Telephone Recordings
Recordings of telephone calls to our representatives.
- Information Enabling Us to Provide Services
Location and identification of property insured (for example, property address, vehicle license plate or identification number); travel plans; age categories of individuals you wish to insure; policy and claim numbers; coverage/peril details; cause of loss; prior accident or loss history; your status as director or partner, or other ownership or management interest in an organization; and other insurance you hold.
- General Identification and Contact Information
- Disclosure for a Business Purpose. In the course of providing claims handling and administration services, RiverStone may disclose Personal Information to:
- Our Service Providers.
- Other Insurance and Distribution Parties.
- Governmental Authorities and Third Parties Involved in Court Action.
- Other Third Parties.
- Our Service Providers.
- Sources. In the course of carrying out its business operations, RiverStone may collect Personal Information from: the consumer; the claimant; the policyholder; external advisors and consultants, including, but not limited to, lawyers, investigators, experts, and medical providers; brokers and agents; witnesses; and appointed representatives. To improve the quality of our services, and to carry out research and analysis, we and our service providers may supplement the Personal Information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our affiliates or business partners.
- Sale. RiverStone is not engaged in the business of selling Personal Information.
How We Use Personal Information
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide insurance and assistance services, and other products and services which we may offer, and provide such products and services, including claim assessment, processing and settlement; and, where applicable, manage claim disputes.
- Assess your eligibility for payment plans, and process your premium and other payments.
- Provide improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; data analytics; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and antiterrorism where applicable; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
There may be other ways in which Personal Information is collected or transferred or stored, as such this policy is subject to change, improvements and updates without notice.
International Transfer of Personal Information
RiverStone will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
Social Security Numbers
We take our responsibility to safeguard your information seriously and employ multiple safeguards in order to help insure that your information is protected as it is transmitted from your computer and stored on our computers at RiverStone.
Once your information reaches our servers we protect it in many ways including storing the information on secure servers and using a device known as a firewall which protects your information by detecting and preventing unauthorized access to the information.
Working with our firewalls and other mechanisms, we also protect your information by only allowing access to your information by employees and authorized parties who have a legitimate and verified need to access the information in order to service your requests and administer policies and claims.
Questions and Concerns
Please contact us as set out in the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Information” section above with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information.
Third-Party Privacy Practices
Use of Services by Minors
This website is not directed toward individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years old. RiverStone is not in the business of intentionally collecting Personal Information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years old through this website. These individuals should not provide Personal Information through this website.