Loss Portfolio Reinsurance contract with Brit for certain discontinued lines
With effect from 30th November 2018, RiverStone completed the acquisition of certain discontinued business from Brit Syndicate 2987 (“Brit”) through a loss portfolio transfer (“LPT”) reinsurance arrangement. The business comprises of the following two portfolios:
- Non-US Professional Indemnity (“Non-US PI”) portfolio – excess of loss insurance business written from 2002 to 2017 covering risks emanating primarily from the UK and Australia; and
- Historical discontinued legacy portfolios
- UK employers’ liability (“EL”) and public liability (“PL”) business written from 2002 to 2014; and
- Aviation Hull and Cargo business written from 2002 to 2004; and discontinued UK property and professional indemnity business written from 2002 to 2012.
Please direct any correspondence pertaining to risks written in these portfolios within the stated years of account to their dedicated mailboxes at RiverStone, as follows:
- Non-US Professional Indemnity to Legatum_PI@rsml.co.uk
- UK Employers’ and Public Liability to Legatum_EL_PL@rsml.co.uk
- Aviation Hull and Cargo to Legatum_Discontinued@rsml.co.uk
Please note, that under the LPT, RiverStone has assumed the responsibility of handling all claims within the portfolio, however in the event that a claim is directed to RiverStone or Brit Syndicates in error, it will be redirected to the correct handling entity and you will be informed of any such redirection.
For further information please contact:
RiverStone Managing Agency Limited